Thursday, June 21, 2007

This "Black String" can swim

While we were sitting by the water, Angie spotted this piece of black string swimming. (Not kidding) We watched it wiggle it's way thru the water like a snake for awhile then I had to get my hands on it and investigate further. We held it and it wiggled. When we set it down it wrapped itself into a knot and we watched it untangle itself. I am still in awe. I googled this crazy creature and I think it may be a horsehair worm. Check it out : http://insects.tamu.edu/extension/bulletins/uc/uc-014.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear God STAY OUT OF THAT WATER, Carls clan!! EWWWW! Ma, I can't believe YOU touched that thing, your fear of snakes and all!!!

Tammy said...

Ewwww...I'm really creeped out! I agree - stay out of the water. There's no telling where that little thing could crawl!